Use Parcel Polygon Layers To Inform Decisions

Using Parcel Data Layers to Make Informed Decisions for your App, Research or Daily Workflow

Denver City Skyline

ReportAll has the largest, most up-to date parcel polygon data layer, but did you know that we have several enriched layer attributes that can be used for unique geographical analyses? From elevation, flood zone types and more, we can help you find the answers you need.

The project area for analysis can range from a national dataset, county-level, or any other custom defined area. The enriched data includes information that isn’t typically available through traditional channels of data providers, nor by state and local government agencies. Learn how pairing our broad parcel polygon data layer with enriched attributes can help you make informed business decisions.

ReportAll Parcel Layer Advantage

The ReportAll U.S.A parcel database contains more than 153 million parcel polygons. We acquire raw data from a variety of authoritative sources, perform proprietary functions, and then append the attributes to each parcel record. Typically, these calculations and transformations would take an end user anywhere from a few hours to several weeks to perform, but our team does the heavy lifting for you.

Not only is having this process completed by ReportAll a true time-saver, but the parcel data is also normalized through our patented data normalization processes for standard attributes, including owner name and mailing address. In addition to the standard attributes, ReportAll data combines county data and layers into a single database that includes derived attributes like elevation, calculated acreage, building footprint and more.

How to Combine Parcel Polygon Layers to Get More From Your Data

Through a combination of standard and derived attributes, combined parcel polygon layers can be utilized for a number of geographic analyses to answer a variety of questions, while identifying opportunities or solving environmental issues.

We’ve run a few analyses to give you an idea of what ReportAll parcel data layers can do for your business:

What percentage of Denver County, aka the “Mile High City,” is one mile or higher in elevation?

Upon performing an analysis on Denver County, Colorado parcels coupled with the elevation attribute, we see that 181,098, or 79% of total parcels in the county, have a mean (average) elevation at or above 1 mile above sea level, with 48,077 (21%) below sea level. 

How many parcels in Florida are within 10 feet of sea level? And how many intersect with known flood zones?

In the state of Florida, 3,078,760 (29%) of parcels have a mean elevation at or below 10 feet; the remaining 7,366,316 (71%) have a mean elevation above 10 feet above sea level. 

By looking instead at minimum elevation rather than mean, we can discover that 3,494,928 (33%) parcels have a minimum elevation (that is, at least some part of the parcel) at or below 10 feet, while the remaining 6,950,158 (67%) have a minimum elevation above 10 feet above sea level.

By coupling the parcel data with the ReportAll flood zone attribute, we can find that of the 3,078,760 Florida parcels with mean elevation below 10 feet above sea level, 1,383,240 (45%) were not in any high-risk flood zones. Other parcels were partly in at least one type of the four FEMA designated flood zones:

  • AE (within the 100-year flood limits, defined with [Base Flood Elevations] that reflect the combined influence of stillwater flood elevations and wave effects less than 3 feet): 1,185,606 – 39%
  • AH (representing coastal hazard areas associated with shallow flow or ponding with water depths of 1 to 3 feet): 290,159 – 9%
  • VE (also known as the coastal high hazard areas; subject to high velocity water including waves): 158,089 – 5%
  • AO (representing coastal hazard areas that are mapped with flood depths instead of base flood elevations; depths mapped from 1 to 3 feet): 7,667 – 0.002%

*Please note, that these numbers are not cumulative due to some parcels falling in multiple types of flood zone.

FAQ: How does your data work with proprietary data sources? 

ReportAll parcel data works seamlessly with your own data sources in order to perform proprietary analyses. For example, the following query can be executed against the ReportAll dataset select parcels greater than 1 acre, less than 10 acres in total area, not in a flood zone, that do not currently have a building on site. Additionally, this query could also be enhanced by joining your own dataset to run a specific query in conjunction with ReportAll’s database: perhaps finding all orders shipped to any of the resulting parcels within the past year.

ReportAll’s Derived Parcel Data Attributes

When you leverage the full range of ReportAll’s parcel data features, you garner a better understanding of the full landscape and physical characteristics of a parcel.

ReportAll derives the following attributes by layering in additional national data sets in order to derive information down to an individual parcel level: 

  • Elevation
  • Land Cover
  • Land Use
  • Flood Zone Type
  • Calculated Acreage
  • Building Footprint
  • USPS Residential/Commercial
  • Owner Occupied
  • Census Source Data

When these attributes are paired with parcel data layers they provide further insight and analysis while you’re extracting and preparing data. For example, combining census data with flooded coordinate systems and elevation data can efficiently and effectively analyze a total effect on population for natural disasters.

These attributes can all be accessed on LandGlide, ReportAll Online, and most are also downloadable in shapefile and API formats

What are you waiting for? Our parcel polygon layers are ready and waiting to provide the solution for your next business decision. Try it now!





Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *